A website visitor can fill out an opt-in form to subscribe to a newsletter, email list, or other promotional materials. It is called an opt-in form because the visitor chooses to receive these materials rather than automatically being subscribed. Here are some steps you can follow to create an opt-in form:
- Choose the type of opt-in form you want to create. Several opt-in forms include lightbox forms, embedded forms, slide-in forms, and welcome gates.
- Decide where you want to place the opt-in form. You can place it in a prominent location on your website, such as the top of the homepage, or use a pop-up or slide-in form to capture visitors’ attention as they browse your site.
- Design the opt-in form. Keep the design simple and easy to read, and include all necessary fields, such as name and email address. You should include a clear and compelling call to action, such as “Sign up for our newsletter” or “Get the free ebook.”
- Add the opt-in form to your website. If you use a lightbox or slide-in form, you must add a small piece of code to your website. If you are using an embedded form, you can copy and paste the code into your website.
- Test the opt-in form to make sure it is working properly. Send a test email to yourself to make sure the form is collecting the correct information and sending it to the correct email address.
- Promote the opt-in form. Encourage visitors to sign up for your newsletter or email list by promoting the opt-in form on social media, in blog posts, and on other marketing materials.
- Monitor and analyze the results of your opt-in form. Use tools like Google Analytics to track how many people are signing up for your newsletter or email list, and use this information to optimize and improve your opt-in form over time.
Creating an opt-in form is an effective way to build an email list and communicate with your audience. Following these steps and promoting the opt-in form effectively can grow your email list and improve your marketing efforts.